Support the College of Dentistry's DanceBlue Team!
Help us put more smiles on the kids' faces by giving to the Golden Matrix Fund!
College of Dentistry 2017 DanceBlue Team A Project of DanceBlue - Golden Matrix Fund - Dance Teams
Many think of DanceBlue as simply a 24-hour no-sitting, no-sleeping dance marathon. Though the marathon is an essential part of our mission, those 24 hours are a culmination of a year-long effort of fundraising and awareness-raising all in support of the DanceBlue Kentucky Children's Hospital Hematology/Oncology Clinic. All efforts committed to the clinic and the kids are done so through the Golden Matrix Fund and the Markey Cancer Center. In the past 11 years of DanceBlue, over $9.8 million dollars have been raised to fund things like:
- The construction of a state-of-the-art hematology/oncology clinic in the Kentucky Children's Hospital that makes patients and families more comfortable, as well as expand capabilities of the clinic -- the DanceBlue Clinic.
- Hiring staff members that are vital to the treatment and recovery process, like a Child Life Specialist, who helps the child emotionally handle their diagnosis and treatment.
- Hiring of School Intervention Specialists who interact with the school system to ensure the child does not fall behind in classes.
- Patient support programs such as "Beads of Courage".
- Many more essential and beneficial programs
This year, the College of Dentistry's DanceBlue team would like to make it their goal to raise at least $5,000 for the 2017 DanceBlue Marathon. Please help us reach our goal of positively impacting these children and families' lives by making a gift of any amount. Thank you! FTK!